WHO WE ARE
We are Nashville’s only nonprofit dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our city through sustainability. We fill a gap by offering programs that inspire people of all ages to incorporate sustainability into their daily lives. Our new Mobile Lab, a science-based interactive classroom that travels to local schools, is inspiring the next generation of sustainability leaders! Workshops on everything from green building to urban agriculture spark positive changes at home and work that save money, improve health, and conserve resources. An innovative partnering model that includes Nissan as our Founding Partner, plus local businesses, nonprofits, and colleges focuses on facilitating programming that measurably improves the lives of Nashvillians. With your help – as a volunteer, donor, and participant – we are building a community-based movement for a sustainable Music City.
OUR WORKSHOPS HAVE TAUGHT PARTICIPANTS TO:
- Grow their own food in urban environments
- Make rain barrels and collect water to nourish their gardens
- Save money by making their homes and businesses more energy efficient
- Cook with local and healthy foods
- Use reclaimed materials, green design techniques, and new technologies to build or retrofit more sustainable homes.
- Communicate these skills and ideas to their community, inspiring a larger movement.
100% of surveyed frequent participants changed their behaviors after attended workshops
85% reported their Urban Green Lab workshop was ‘very’ or ‘extremely’ useful
Over 90% said they would be ‘very’ or ‘extremely’ likely to return
70% stated they planned to implement change using what they learned