WE BUILT NASHVILLE’S FIRST MOBILE SUSTAINABILITY LAB
The Mobile Lab reaches diverse and underserved populations to enhance middle and high schools’ science and technology curricula and inspire sustainable behaviors. This free, cutting-edge program Nashville public schools creates ongoing educational, mentoring, and relationship-building opportunities.
Want the lab to come to you?
Check out the criteria below to see if the Mobile Lab will be a good fit for your school, after school program, or summer camp!
- A total of sixteen students can be inside the Lab at any given time
- The Mobile Lab is available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- For larger groups, we include hands-on activities outside of the Lab and circulate all students through both the Lab and outdoor activities
- The duration of the Lab programming is flexible based on the needs of your students, but typically lasts for the length of a 50 to 90 minute class period
- Students are expected to participate fully and teachers are expected to be present for the duration of the visit
Email Rachael at Rachael@urbangreenlab.org with any questions or comments
DEAR TEACHER, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR, OR PARENT:
Urban Green Lab is here to bring your students a unique mobile field trip, complimenting their science curriculum and providing a fun and memorable experience of sustainability education. Check out our one-pager here.
Launched in February 2016, the lab explores 5 important topics in sustainability: energy, water, green building, food & agriculture, and sustainable transportation. It challenges students to make everyday choices that save money, resources, and improve their quality of life. Developed in collaboration with teachers, school staff, and students, the mobile lab prevents the need to spend time, energy, and money on permission slips and school buses by bringing hands on activities directly to you. The lab connects classroom learning with real world applications, employing problem-based learning and interactive activities. As a service to our Nashville community, the mobile lab is offered free of charge to Metro Nashville Public Middle and High Schools and will be available for a reasonable rate to private and home schools, community organizations, and businesses. Interested in having the Mobile Lab at your school or organization? Sign up below!